Yes, like everyone else, my New Year’s Resolution will be the same as last year’s.
Let me first repost Stephen Covey’s 8 tips on making a good one:
1. Think of your resolutions as goals. (They need to be measurable and have deadlines.)
2. Set only 1 or 2 realistic goals. (Three or more would have a diminishing effect.)
3. Write down your goals.
4. Take baby steps. (Break down goals into steps.)
5. Go public. (This blog should do it!)
6. Check your progress. (Keep score.)
7. Reward yourself.
8. If (when) you slip up, recommit.
This year I’m taking a different approach. Usually, I think of a goal as the “destination.” This time I’m making the goal the “process.” So here it is, my New Year’s Resolution for 2010….
1. Workout 3-4 times per week.
That’s it. Only one goal. 🙂 If I stick with this, everything else will fall into place. I’ll get back into shape (and fit back into my boardshorts) in no time.
And oh ya, this would be the “destination.”
Hau’oli Makahiki Hou & God Bless!