I’m updating last year’s list of my top 10 favorite places to eat near campus.
Koi is my new favorite lunch place near campus. The food is excellent, truly restaurant quality. I would compare it to a Kaka’ako Kitchen. The drawback is the parking, but all of the good eateries in Kalihi seem to have no parking. Here’s my new list….
2. Ethel’s Grill — a local mom & pop’s kinda place.
3. Helena’s — amazing pipikaula short ribs.
4. Kahai Street Kitchen — another place for great home cooked dishes.
5. Kikuya Restaurant — nice sushi bar.
6. Uncle’s — great seafood specials.
7. Pongo’s Kitchen — the best sesame chicken (or any kind of chicken dish) in town.
8. Golden City Restaurant — the best Chinese dinner plate that I’ve ever had.
9. Matsumoto’s Okazuya — across from Gulick Delicatessen. Ono chow fun & fried chicken.
10. ‘Akahi — gotta have our high school’s cafeteria on the list. Homestyle chicken & the Hawaiian plate! Mmm…. so good.