We did it! Our Kamehameha Schools TED-Ed Club held its Student Talks event at SALT @ Our Kakaʻako in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi. It was a great success and a big relief…
The morning started with pre-event music by Chase & Chels. They were awesome and added much “street cred” to our event. Then our president Malia greeted the crowd and kicked us off. Here was our lineup.
• Malia spoke on life-changing lessons learned on her trip to the Galapagos Islands.
• Duke spoke on his summer internship at the University of Pittsburgh studying cancer treatments.
• Sasha shared her experiences as Editor-in-Chief at our school’s newspaper, Ka Mōʻī.
• Jacob shared the emotional journey of his injury at a track & field meet in the pole vault event.
• Sierra talked about her passion and experiences being involved with robotics programs.
• Laʻakea shared about work ethic in making it onto the USA Water Polo Olympic Development Team.
• Keely took us on her journey of auditioning for a Filipino reality show and friendships made.
• Cade, a “speechie,” articulated experiences of competing in speech & debate at the international level.
• Nicole spoke on her passion of exploration & adventure and to recognize opportunities.
• Bailey shared her inspiring story of why she created the Lifesavers Club and how to bring awareness.
They were all amazing! The Lifesavers Club then held a demonstration/clinic on CPR & AED.
It was a huge success and a great day for our students and audience. Mahalo to our student speakers! Mahalo to our president Malia for your hard work! Mahalo to SALT @ Our Kakaʻako for hosting us and for all of your support!